name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Alexander Zverev after hitting 14 double faults: ‘I didn’t practise my serve enough’

Alexander Zverev after hitting 14 double faults: ‘I didn’t practise my serve enough’

Advertisemen

It wasn’t the dream start for Germany as they didn’t manage to win a match against Australia in the first day of competition of the ATP Cup. Jan-Lennard Struff first lost against Nick Kyrgios 6-4 7-6(4). Alex De Minaur then made a comeback from one set down to defeat Alexander Zverev 4-6 7-6(3) 6-2. In doubles, Chris Guccione and John Peers completed the 3-0 victory with a 6-3 6-4 win against the 2019 French Open champions, Andreas Mies and Kevin Krawietz. 

Following his match, where he commited 14 doubles faults, Zverev said:

“Obviously, I'm not feeling my serve. That's no secret. But I think I just didn't practise enough, to be honest.” 

Struff also talked about his singles match: “It was tough to get the first points in his service games. He was always up 30-love, 15-love, pretty fast.” 

“In the tie-break, I had three chances and I played three wrong balls,” the German added. 

“If I win out of the three, one, I think I win the set. And then we can see for a third set. But, yeah, that was too good serving from him,” he concluded.

Germany is playing in Group F in Brisbane. They will next face Greece, leaded by the 2019 Nitto ATP Finals' champion, Stefanos Tsitsipas, in a must-win encounter. They would also need to defeat Denis Shapovalov’s Canada in order to have a chance to qualify.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2FhXzUH
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments