name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Jannik Sinner shares wise words to those who criticize him: "I will not change"

Jannik Sinner shares wise words to those who criticize him: "I will not change"

Advertisemen

Social media is full of idiots, unfortunately. You can see it in beautiful everyday life; all the people who use social media too often receive mockery, even hateful, messages. This happens even more often to those who, for professional reasons, find themselves exposed to the media spotlight. Spotlights that try to break down private lives, such as those of athletes. To tear them to pieces and feed them to the ravenous mouths of those who are eager to know and comment, of those who do nothing but spit hatred.

Even a champion of humanity, seriousness and humility like Jannik Sinner had to face them.  Attacks both from social users and also from the media. Just think of the very critical (albeit more or less calm) comments of the journalists of the Gazzetta dello Sport who, in 2023, had harshly attacked the young Italian for having skipped an appointment at the Davis Cup. Journalists of the Gazzetta dello Sport who now, after Jannik's extraordinary successes, they do nothing but write articles about him; coherence, this unknown...

Jannik Sinner, Wimbledon 2024 Jannik Sinner, Wimbledon 2024© Clive Brunskill / Staff - Getty Images Sport  

But the worst came from the comments of his social media users. Many users write comments against Jannik, saying: "Sinner is not Italian." (Jannik was born in a town in Trentino Alto Adige, Northern Italy, on the border with Austria. Precisely for this reason he is a native German speaker - ed.). Sinner was good at managing the issue without ever raising the tone and demonstrated with facts the love he feels towards Italy.

In an interview for L'Équipe, Jannik talked about this issue and many other topics.

"It's true that at the beginning it wasn't easy. I was a little different from the others, both on and off the pitch, rather closed off. Where I come from, people go to bed early. While most Italians stay up until late. When I left for southern Italy to train, I learned the Italian style. I never tried to change to please anyone. I did what I was most comfortable with. I constantly try to learn what works best for me. for my body and for the people around me. I am the way I am. If people like the way I am, fine. Otherwise, if you don't like it, that's fine too. Obviously it's different if in my environment they tell me that this or that isn't good. Now I will try to understand and adapt. But I won't change for strangers criticizing me," he told.

Jannik Sinner, Wimbledon 2024 Jannik Sinner, Wimbledon 2024© Clive Brunskill / Staff - Getty Images Sport  

Sinner rarely uses social media and often limits himself to checking the content published by his communications team. The reason why the Italian tennis player prefers not to get too lost in this virtual world is as simple as it is profound. Sinner believes that people are not always sincere when they show themselves on web: a factor that would contribute to involuntarily creating a reality different from the actual one from many points of view.

"For a very simple reason: social networks are not real life! Tomorrow I can post a photo of myself with a big smile, while the moment I post it I feel bad. Only they won't see this. All they will think is that I'm always happy, which is obviously wrong. I find it unhealthy. You give an image of yourself that does not represent reality. It is a form of lying. Should we trust what they show us on social media? So, frankly, I'd rather live without it. I don't need to read what people write about me, I don't think about it and I love my life without networks, as I live it currently," he told in the same interview.

Jannik SInner Jannik SInner© Clive Brunskill / Staff Getty Images Sport  

In the interview with L'Equipe, the ATP No. 1 also revealed that he skis when he can, consistent with the numerous commitments he has in tennis.

"I feel comfortable on skis and confident in my abilities. It's more with people around that it can be dangerous. But I'm very careful, I always look around me, if someone is coming quickly or whatever. Otherwise I feel safe on skis. When I was little, I went full blast, 110%. Now maybe I'm 70% there. My physical trainer has nightmares when he knows I'm going skiing, but I reassure him every time! I also do go karting. I do it in Italy or in Brignoles. Here too the sensation of speed is incredible because you are very close to the ground. When I have time, I go with friends. What I like is the adrenaline, the control you have over the kart, how it reacts, the management of the trajectories... everything depends on you. And then I love competition. Go to the track with friends and try to go faster than others. It's pure pleasure," he explained.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3iUKTI6
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments