name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Padraig Harrington believes he can win the Open for the third time

Padraig Harrington believes he can win the Open for the third time

Advertisemen

Padraig Harrington believes he can win another Open after 15 years. Harrington excelled in 2007 and 2008 and managed to win the Open two years in a row. Royal Liverpool Golf Club will host the tournament. In three days, a real spectacle awaits us, and Harrington believes that he can win the third trophy.

“I am physically capable. I have gotten a lot better mentally over the last couple of years because of the Champions Tour."

His goal is to prepare in the right way. The most important thing for him is that he is physically fit. Harrington's qualities are definitely top-notch.

“It all comes down to my discipline between now and The Open. If I prepare properly, I believe. If I don’t prepare properly, I’m only paying lip service to it. On the course you need dependability. If I turn up at The Open thinking I need to hole some putts, that I can’t afford to miss any eight-footers, all I’m doing is heaping pressure on myself from the start."

The mental aspect will certainly be an important factor in the whole story, but so will his experience. Harrington knows how to handle pressure. This time it is only necessary for him to be maximally focused.

“With nine holes to go, back to the wall, you are going to play.

I believe I’m great mentally in that situation but it’s the 63 holes before because you cannot have that intensity for 72 holes. I cannot rely on those nine holes, three holes, playoff or whatever. You need your head in the game for Thursday morning.”

Padraig Harrington and Ryder Cup

Harrington has emphasized many times so far that he wants to be part of the Ryder Cup and prove himself to captain Luke Donald. He is ready to do everything, and even change his schedule in order to be part of the team.

“If I get into contention, I will change my plans and play a schedule in Europe. It is very important for any player to make that kind of effort for the team. The Champions Tour is great but I have to perform in regular events. Nobody is picking a Ryder Cup player based on the Champions Tour. It has to be against my peers. I can push my way in by playing well.”

Source: Golfmonthly



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/ey02R36
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments