name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> In Roger Federer's words: 'I'm not considered as the hardest worker on tour'

In Roger Federer's words: 'I'm not considered as the hardest worker on tour'

Advertisemen

In 2001, Roger Federer reached the quarter-final in Miami, using that momentum on clay as well and beating Pete Sampras at Wimbledon for one of his most notable victories in the early years. Twelve months later, the Swiss returned to Miami as world no. 14 and one of the favorites for the title, beating Jeff Morrison in the second round and Albert Portas in the third to find himself in the last 16. There, Roger had to stay on the court for only 35 minutes, with Tim Henman retiring after losing the opening set 6-2. Federer lost six points behind the initial shot and never faced a break point, securing two breaks and finishing the job earlier than expected following a neck injury from the Briton who couldn't stay on the court for another set.

"When I'm at a tournament, I guess I work around three to four tennis hours, plus maybe an hour of conditions. Usually, three hours a day. One and a half in the morning, and one and a half in the afternoon. I don't think I'm considered as the hardest worker on the tour. Some guys need much more practice than me, like Dominik Hrbaty, for example. He practices five, six hours a day. I don't think I'm a player who needs much less. So it depends a little bit on the game you have. I try to work hard outside of the court to reach my goals. Today, Tim Henman had to retire because he injured his neck, not being able to luck upwards. I want to play more offensive, come into net more, serve&volley. You can't say anything from this match as we didn't have any rallies but these courts are probably not fast enough to play serve&volley against good returner."



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3c5YeqD
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments