name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Tsvetana Pironkova Not Sure if She Will Return to Tennis

Tsvetana Pironkova Not Sure if She Will Return to Tennis

Advertisemen

Former Wimbledon semi-finalist Tsvetana Pironkova says she is unsure if she will play competitive tennis again but has still not decided whether to formally retire.

Pironkova, who gave birth to her first child a year and a half ago, says, "I don't know if I will play high-level tennis again. I'm not in good physical shape. I have my own brand that I develop with my husband. I'm looking at my son too. I don't have time for training. I play tennis just for fun. I still haven't decided whether to say "stop".

Recalling her days as a professional tennis player, Pironkova says,  "I slept in the stations. I also stayed in girls' schools, where it was almost free. I played in tournaments only within 800 kilometers of Bulgaria. For all tournaments, I traveled by car. We had no money for an airplane in those days. It was very difficult. It never crossed my mind to stop tennis. I knew one day I would succeed. With a hardship, my family was able to drill in professional tennis. When dad revealed his plans for me before people, they laughed. They thought we were crazy. Tennis was an expensive sport and there was no way to break into it without a lot of money. If I was making money, I would go to the next tournament. If I was losing, we were waiting for some tournament near where the cost was less."

Pironkova, who is married to husband Mihail Mirchev, peaked at No. 31 in the world rankings.

 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/35CVr58
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments