name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Roger Federer: 'I have been asked about retirement for a decade'

Roger Federer: 'I have been asked about retirement for a decade'

Advertisemen

In an interview to El Comercio Roger Federer was asked if he is tired for consistently asking questions about his future retirement from tennis. The Swiss said: "I have been answering this question for ten years. So far I have no plans to stop. I am happy playing, despite I am 38 years old and for many years people asked me when the retirement will come. I do not even know myself when I will be done."

On his goals looking to the next season, Federer added: "The first one is to be healthy. Other goals are of course to be at Wimbledon and seek the gold medal at the Olympic Games in Tokyo. Winning a singles gold medal is one of the few things I have not achieved yet."

On his next plans, Federer said: "I want to sleep for some days and spend time with my family. Then I will be back to practice ahead of the Australian Open."

Federer recalled when he dealt with a knee injury back in 2016. The Swiss said: "I was 35 years old and people were saying i would not be able to recover. I knew I was struggling with my knee and that I needed a surgery and rehabilitation. I did the rehab and i got injured again. I understood I needed more rest. For me it was a complete re-start because I came back with a lot of energy to keep winning big tournaments. I admit it was a difficult time, but I never thought about the retirement."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/35yXOph
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments