name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Steve Darcis: I will try my best in my last Davis Cup outing

Steve Darcis: I will try my best in my last Davis Cup outing

Advertisemen

Belgian tennis veteran Steve Darcis didn't hide his happiness after clinching the first point for his country at the inaugural Davis Cup Finals. 

Belgium took a 1-0 lead over Colombia in Group D after world No. 158 Darcis handed a straight-set defeat to former world No. 28 Santiago Giraldo 6-3 6-2. 

Darcis, who missed the entire 2018 season due to health issues, returned to Davis Cup action for the first time since 2017. 

The 35-year-old Belgian plans to call it a career in January at the Australian Open. 

"For me it’s big, I know it’s going to be my last time playing for Belgium, so I’ll try to do my best like always. It’s going to be a great week,” Darcis said after beating Giraldo, per the Davis Cup Finals website.

“I feel great. I didn’t play in Davis Cup since the final against France [in 2017] – this year I wasn’t in Brazil, so it’s a great feeling to be back on the team, back on the court, to win the first point is very important for us."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2r4pnbj
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments