name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Federer: 'I thought I would play until 35, 36. Now I have no plans to stop'

Federer: 'I thought I would play until 35, 36. Now I have no plans to stop'

Advertisemen

Roger Federer is 38 years old and he has not plans to end his career yet. The Basel native, speaking to reporters in Buenos Aires, Argentina, on Monday ahead of his South American swing, said: "My retirement will depend on my health. At the moment I do not see any reason to retire. I did not think I would play beyond 35, 36 years and here I am. I am doing well physically. I cannot predict when it will be the time to stop."

Federer was supposed to face Juan Martin del Potro who withdrew due to a knee injury he has been suffering since June. The world No. 3 spoke very highly of his rival and friend: "Delpo's forehand caused me issues since a young age. If I had his forehand, I would have been better. As well as David Nalbandian's backhand. Juan Martin has been very good for sports in general. I spoke with him and I got a lot of informations, he is dealing with an injury, he is trying to recover and everyone wants him to be back. I hope he will be supported by the crowd, he will be back and he will have success, all of us know it. I hope to face him again in the future."

Alexander Zverev said: "I was looking at Roger's matches at four years of age. Facing him is always unbelievable. Hopefully he doesn't retire soon. I would have liked to see the match between Roger and Del Potro, but I am emotional to play here with Roger. People are very excited to see Roger back to Argentina."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/331tDW2
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments