name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Andy Murray shocks e mocks "I never liked tennis!"

Andy Murray shocks e mocks "I never liked tennis!"

Advertisemen

Looking at what he has done in his career, we would have thought anything but that Andy Murray had never liked tennis, even if the words shared on social media by the British can be interpreted in the opposite way, in an ironic moment. Murray gave an interview to Eurosport after the defeat in doubles at the Olympics together with Daniel Evans at the hands of Taylor Fritz and Tommy Paul. A defeat that marked the end of his career and that started a long standing ovation from the entire Suzanne Lenglen stadium.

Murray, who yesterday evening immediately changed his bio on X from I play tennis to I played tennis, subsequently published a post that has already attracted thousands of comments.

Andy Murray Andy Murray© Julian Finney / Staff Getty Images Sport  

"I am proud of my career," said Murray. Andy, at 37, had confirmed before the Paris Olympic Games that this would be his last event before retiring from the sport. "I'm proud of my career, my results and what I've done in the sport. Obviously it was emotional because it's the last time I played an official match. But I'm honestly happy right now. I'm happy with how it ended," he added.

Shortly after leaving the court Murray wrote a message on his account saying: "I never liked tennis anyway."

A message that is certainly not true given how much Murray has done in recent years to return to competition despite the many injuries. Murray ends his career having been number 1 in the world, having won 3 Grand Slam tournaments (2 Wimbledon and 1 US Open) and having won the Olympic gold medal twice in London 2012 and Rio de Janeiro 2016.

Meanwhile, below you can find the messages shareby Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic to celebrate Murrays' farewell:



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/TZEFVNS
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments