name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Roger Federer shares tender glimpses of private moment spent with his beloved family

Roger Federer shares tender glimpses of private moment spent with his beloved family

Advertisemen

"I left school at 16 to play tennis full time. I never went to college and I can say I graduated in tennis. The correct wording is retired from tennis but that word is horrendous, I'm simply done with a path important and I'm moving on to the next thing. Many ask me what I do after tennis and the reality is that I don't know and it's okay not to know. I'm a dad who plays and lives with my daughters. I enjoy life as a tennis graduate and today I want to share some lessons with all of you."

Roger Federer had to choose between studies and tennis, deciding for our (and his) beloved favorite sport, becoming perhaps the greatest interpreter and guardian of history. Roger did not study but can still be considered a Tennis Master. And for what he managed to do in and out of the court, the Swiss Maestro received an honorary doctorate in humane letters last Sunday from the Dartmouth College, where he thanked and gave a touching speech in front of 11 Thousand people.

Through his Instagram account, Federer recounted the days spent at Dartmouth University, through glimpses of the beautiful moments spent together with his family, with his wife Mirka and the two pairs of twins. A moment to remember for the Swiss legend.

        Visualizza questo post su Instagram                      

Un post condiviso da Roger Federer (@rogerfederer)

Federer then told the students at Dartmouth College: "Throughout my career they complimented me because my tennis didn't show any effort and it almost seemed like I wasn't sweating. It's not true, I worked hard to make my tennis easy, I spent years cursing before keeping calm and the truth is that I didn't get to where I am with pure talent, I got there by trying to overcome my opponents and believing in myself. It's not about having a gift but rather having determination and courage. In tennis as in life, discipline is a talent. And so is having patience. Having self-confidence is a talent, embracing and loving the process are talents."

Roger Federer Roger Federer© Dia Dipasupil / Staff Getty Images Sport  

In a subsequent interview with Extra The King, on the occasion of his documentary released on 20 June on Amazon Prime Video, Roger told his fans what his life is like after retiring from tennis.

"I spend more time at home, I have four children, two sets of twins aged 14 and 10 and we have a lot of fun. We have traveled all over the world, we have fun and of course I help them with school and this part of my life is wonderful. Goodbye to tennis? I always thought that my career could end at any moment due to injury and in my head I always said: 'It's just tennis.' To the young Roger I would say to prepare for a fantastic life, many times in the spotlight and a life where I will have a lot of fun. I am happy to have managed to last so long in front of the tennis public and on the most important courts in the world. I honestly don't think about the past, I think my career was better than I expected, I won a lot and I'm happy Every time I won a match or a tournament I tried to remember it, I knew it could be the last time.

You always have to make a life outside of tennis because in the end there will always be a time when you are no longer a tennis player. Every time I won a match or a tournament I tried to remember it, I knew it could be the last time. You always have to make a life outside of tennis because in the end there will always be a time when you are no longer a tennis player. This mentality helped me a lot and certainly aided my process towards saying goodbye to this sport. After the retreat everything went as planned, I can say it was fantastic. It's true, I've been unlucky with knee problems but this has helped me recently understand what my life would have been like without tennis," he explained.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/dTk2BfC
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments