name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Daniil Medvedev questions rule that prevented Novak Djokovic from entering US

Daniil Medvedev questions rule that prevented Novak Djokovic from entering US

Advertisemen

Daniil Medvedev is seemingly having a hard time understanding the sense behind the rule that prevented Novak Djokovic from entering the United States.

Djokovic, a 21-time Grand Slam champion, pulled out of the US Open after being denied entry into the United States as an unvaccinated foreigner.

Meanwhile, American players are allowed to enter the United States unvaccinated and compete at this year's US Open. 

Medvedev is the latest individual who has a hard time understanding the sense behind that law.

"He couldn't come in the country for whatever reason, different laws," Medvedev said, via Sportskeeda. "We can say does this law make sense? Because Americans can come back without the vaccine. Novak cannot come here, and he doesn't want to live in USA. He wants to just play the tennis tournament and come back home to Serbia."

Medvedev not feeling the additional pressure in New York

For the first time in his career, Medvedev returned to a Grand Slam event as the defending champion.

On Monday, Medvedev kicked off his US Open campaign with a convincing 6-2 6-4 6-0 win over Stefan Kozlov. 

"Probably the only pressure is that I know if I'm not gonna play good here for whatever reason, that people might say, 'Yeah, defending champion lost, whatever'," said Daniil Medvedev. "I'm not really sensible to this. Like, I know what I have to do. I know that I want to play well and if I don't do it, I will not care that I won it last year, I will just be disappointed that this year didn't work out my way."

Medvedev has had success at Flushing Meadows throughout his career as he is aiming to make his third US Open final this year.

Medvedev, who ended runner-up at the US Open in 2019 before winning the title last year, plays Arthur Rinderknech in the second round.

It remains to be seen if Medvedev can repeat as US Open champion.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/6Xu5m0K
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments