name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Amanda Anisimova reveals she played injured, under injection after shock US Open loss

Amanda Anisimova reveals she played injured, under injection after shock US Open loss

Advertisemen

World No. 24 Amanda Anisimova revealed she made a decision to play the US Open despite dealing with a broken toe and being far from her best. 

On Tuesday, Anisimova suffered a surprise US Open exit after Yulia Putintseva handed her a 6-3 6-3 loss.

After the match, Anisimova took to Instagram, where she revealed she sustained a broken toe injury two weeks ago in Cincinnati.

Since the US Open is her home Grand Slam, Anisimova simply didn't want to skip the tournament and took an injection before going out on the court for her first round match. 

"Damn the last couple of weeks have been tough. I broke my toe in Cincinnati last week, and I’ve done everything I could to get ready for the Open. I’m proud of myself for giving myself a chance and playing the whole match. Even with getting injections in my foot that hurt more than the actual injury that I’m still recovering from lol. But I did all of this because I love this sport so much, even though it brings a lot of pain and disappointment. I hope I’ll be back stronger next year, and thank you to the crowd that is always the best here in New York. I love playing here," Anisimova wrote on Instagram.

        Pogledajte ovu objavu na Instagramu.                      

A post shared by Amanda Kay Victoria (@amandaanisimova)

Anisimova ousted in straight sets by Putintseva

Putintseva earned the first break of the match in the third game but Anisimova broke back in the fourth game. 

After blowing an early first set break, Putintseva broke Anisimova again in the seventh and ninth games to still win the first set.

In the second set, the lone break was seen in the eighth game, when Putintseva broke Anisimova for a 5-3 lead.

In the following game, Putintseva realized her first match point to complete a two-set win.

It remains to be seen for how long will Anisimova be out after forcing her US Open appearance.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/Sjt9YGf
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments