name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Stefanos Tsitsipas reveals the nice advice he got from Novak Djokovic

Stefanos Tsitsipas reveals the nice advice he got from Novak Djokovic

Advertisemen

Stefanos Tsitsipas had an interview with BBC Breakfast on Monday morning. The Greek shared how it feels like to win his biggest career title at the ATP Finals in London. "It takes some time to process all of that. I am really grateful and happy for the support I received here in London this week. It's been fantastic, people watched from my homeland in Greece. Just the energy, the crowd, the vibes and the on-court experience. I am really proud of myself", said Tsitsipas.

Recalling the moments on the boat he spent during the ATP Finals draw ceremony before the event, he added: "I do remember chatting with them (Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal) and receiving as much as advices as I can. Djokovic told me, Keep fighting, stay healthy and positive and things are gonna go your way. I followed this advice, it's phenomenal, it's something I was never expecting from me, leaving London with the trophy makes things outstanding."

On Thiem, Tsitsipas added: "He is really a nice personality on and off the court. He is a player that makes me a better player. I am sure we are gonna competing against each other more times in the future. I got to know him better at the Laver Cup, I got to connect with more European players and our relationship improved. He is fighting so much, his intensity. He has a lot of charisma. There are so many new generation players coming up, there are so many players I can build a rivalry with. I met Alexander Zverev so many times, Denis Shapovalov, Felix Auger-Aliassime who is coming up too, Dominic, Alex De Minaur, Miomir Kecmanovic. That's something really exciting for the sport because we have different personalities."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/37ijO9A
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments