name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Serena Williams: 'Me and daughter Olympia go everywhere together'

Serena Williams: 'Me and daughter Olympia go everywhere together'

Advertisemen

Serena Williams never leaves her two-year-old daughter Olympia alone. Speaking to Forbes, the former world No. 1 said: "We go everywhere together."

Williams gets inspired by women leaders: "I love meeting and seeing women in Paris—how they dress and how they approach style—versus women in London and how they approach style and even the choices they make in restaurants. I love observing all of that and being conscious of how women dress and what they’re wearing, either on their neck or on their body.”

Serena often travels around the world: “I have grown to love traveling, and when I’m home for more than two weeks, I get bored and feel like I need to go somewhere.”

The Indian doubles player Sania Mirza is ready to make a comeback on the WTA Tour after motherhood. Mirza will start her new season at the Brisbane International in January. "The reason I never committed to coming back to tennis was because that I didn’t know how my body would react", said Mirza. "It takes a tremendous toll [on the body and mind] when you are a professional athlete. It’s the same when you take care of an infant. Both are physically and emotionally demanding. I have achieved everything which I could have dreamt of in my career, whatever happens next will be a bonus for me", said Mirza who admitted she was inspired by Serena Williams for coming back to the competition. "There is enough self-motivation to come back but it’s nice to see people like Serena competing at Grand Slams after having a baby, it’s obviously very inspiring."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2DmLwnP
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments