name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Roger Federer: 'Against Nadal in 2017 Australian Open I reached my peak'

Roger Federer: 'Against Nadal in 2017 Australian Open I reached my peak'

Advertisemen

Roger Federer was asked what is the best match he has ever played in his career. The Swiss said: "I had several good matches in my career and it's difficult to pick one, luckily. My favorite one is when I faced Pete Sampras at Wimbledon, it was my first time on the Centre Court at the All England Club. Also when I won the 2003 tournament, something unforgettable, I felt my career could end there and there would be no problems. I was the first Swiss winning Wimbledon since Martina Hingis did it. Another great moment was when I won Roland Garros after so many finals lost with Rafael Nadal. I cannot put the Olympic medals aside, my comeback in 2017 where I had my peak in Australia defeating Nadal, Wawrinka in the semis... it's unique moments and hopefully, there are many more to come."

On his first two Olympics experiences in 2000 Sydney and 2004 Athens, Federer added: "I remember I had very good Olympic Games. I had turned 18 and it was a big honor for me to represent my country. We shared the house with Swiss athletes and tennis players. And I spent a lot of time with Mirka, but as friends, enjoying. And the night before she would be back to Tokyo and me to Switzerland, we kissed. We did not know how we would end up but here we are almost 20 years after. We have four children, we are married and happier than ever. It was a good kiss. In Athens, I ended up fourth after two tough losses, but it was a big achievement to have got so close to the medals."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2OaujEz
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments