name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Rafael Nadal: 'It was a tough day, now it's time to rest'

Rafael Nadal: 'It was a tough day, now it's time to rest'

Advertisemen

Rafael Nadal scored a double win on Friday in Davis Cup. He first beat Diego Schwartzman in singles, then partnered up with Marcel Granollers to defeat Maximo Gonzalez and Leonardo Mayer. Pablo Carreno Busta had lost the opening match to Guido Pella. Nadal said: "It has been a tough day, no? First match had been hard. Pablo, he played a great match, but is true, at the end of the second set, Guido started to serve unbelievable and he didn't give us any chances at the end of the second and in the third, no. And then when you are in this situation, there is only one thing to do, is win two matches. And you have to go step by step. I just tried to be ready for my first one. I think I played a great singles today. And the doubles, we know everything decides in a few balls, no, and all the matches are so close. So happy for that victory. I think both of us played well. I think Marcel played very well during the whole match. I think I increased a little bit the level on the third. And yeah, it's a great victory. Is no time to enjoy, is time to rest and to try to be ready for tomorrow. That going to be another tough one. That's it."

The team captain Sergi Bruguera added: "For me, the atmosphere is always incredible when we play in Madrid, even especially the Davis Cup, but also when the tournament in Madrid, also the atmosphere is also incredible when the Spanish players play. For me, it's not a surprise. It's the regular thing. And the other, I don't know, I didn't see the other matches. I was only watching my match so I cannot answer that about the other matches."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2QKQOBA
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments