name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Novak Djokovic: 'I hired Goran Ivanisevic to become the GOAT'

Novak Djokovic: 'I hired Goran Ivanisevic to become the GOAT'

Advertisemen

In an interview Novak Djokovic spoke about his co-operation with his coach Goran Ivanisevic. The Serbian player said: "I hired him because we basically have the same culture. Our mentality is very similar, he understands me very well. I have been knowing him since I was 13 years old. Our famous first meeting happened when he came to Wimbledon with Niki Pilic in an academy in Germany. I consider myself a big part of his success because I gave him some chocolate between training sessions. I am very respectful towards him because he was the greatest player back in the day in our region and I wanted to be like him. We are friends. He is an amazing, honest and open man and a great player. He knows how it feels like to compete at the highest level. There are many things to improve. There are days where you do not feel that well. That's why the coach is very important. He understands how I am doing mentally and physically. So far the relationship has been great and hopefully it continues."

Asked about the differences between Becker and Ivanisevic, Djokovic replied: "He is crazy like all of us Balkans. We get along well. I love Boris and he is a friend of mine. Each one is unique. It's difficult to compare them. I hope to become the greatest of all time with Goran."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/343rx9x
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments