name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Roger Federer: I don't know where my absolute best is

Roger Federer: I don't know where my absolute best is

Advertisemen

Roger Federer feels satisfied with how his clay season has been going so far.

The Swiss reached Madrid and Rome quarter-finals and French Open fourth round so far. "I'm very happy," said Federer. "A few months ago, I didn't know what to expect with anything, really. At this point, now I know where my level's at. I still don't know exactly where my absolute best is, you know, but I feel like it could be there. Maybe not, you know. I'm happy to find out. You know, either way. So I'm happy I'm putting myself in a position like this in a fourth round of the French Open after not having played so many years here. I think for me the first goal has been reached by getting this deep into the tournament and knowing where the game is at, knowing where the fitness is the mind. Also now today, playing a breaker on clay, how to go through tougher points on clay, because you have to construct them a little bit differently than on the hard courts or on the grass, anyways. So I'm very pleased how I'm feeling and how I'm playing, and still trying to stay true to playing freely and with nothing to lose, even though I know I will be the favorite in the next game. But regardless, I'm going to try to play as free as I can."

Federer will play compatriot Stan Wawrinka in the quarter-finals of the French Open.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Weo2si
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments