name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Roger Federer: At some point against Nadal you're just happy to make shots

Roger Federer: At some point against Nadal you're just happy to make shots

Advertisemen

Roger Federer knows how it feels to be dominated by Rafael Nadal in the French Open having lost all the six matches played against the Spaniard there.

After his semifinal loss on Friday, Federer said: "You get to a point where you're just happy to make shots and not look ridiculous. I mean, it's that bad. It's just really difficult, you know, for both of us. There is also no way to practice in these conditions, you know. It's all a mindset. It's footwork. It's all that stuff, you know. Yeah, so, I don't know what I could have done a whole lot different, you know. Does it take my serve out of play a little bit maybe also? It just slows things down as well there. With the toss being all over the place, you've got to go for a bit more safety, and that's just maybe enough for him to get more second serves. I don't know. Or if I make the first serve, it's just not -- I can't get the rhythm going, you know. You have that. But again, I don't think I played poorly in the wind today. It's just it's tough on clay. You know, you've got to try to take on the half volleys, too, all that stuff. It just adds to the equation. He's the best clay-court player, so I can accept that. It's not a problem."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Is9uQR
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments