name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Rafael Nadal: 'Semifinal with Roger Federer will be extra tougher'

Rafael Nadal: 'Semifinal with Roger Federer will be extra tougher'

Advertisemen

Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer last faced each other in the French Open in 2011. On Friday they will play for a final spot in the draw and Nadal was asked to compare the Swiss player's level to the one he had in 2011. "If I I had played him two, three times in Madrid, Monte-Carlo, Rome, I could answer your question. I could tell you, well, how I feel him, see him right now. But I haven't played him recently. I haven't played any match against him. So these things, I would feel them on the court. And it's been many years we have been playing against each other and playing matches against one another. Last time it was in 2011; is that right? Well, in 2013? Okay. But here in 2011, no? Okay. 2013. It's been many years indeed. So I don't know how we both are, how we feel. What we are? We are in semifinals, that's for sure. And we are part of the four best players of the tournament. That's the reality. Beyond, I cannot tell you anything. Semifinals are always very difficult matches, whatever the opponent. And with Roger Federer, I know it's going to be even one step higher.

What I will do is try to do my best, so that the victories I have won on this surface against him count for something. And he will do his utmost to make sure that his latest victories against me have their weight. And so we'll see. It's really a particular match. We all know it. But in the end, it's just a tennis match. The best player will have the most chances of winning this match. It's a match between the best players in the world, indeed. But then the player who will be the closest will have the most chances, will win.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/31b4VTK
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments