name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Mox says Janella match will be ‘like Amazon Prime for head trauma’

Mox says Janella match will be ‘like Amazon Prime for head trauma’

Advertisemen

Double or Nothing was a huge success, and now AEW turns the page and starts the build for their second event - Fyter Fest. The show will take place at the CEO Fighting Game Championships convention in Daytona Beach, Florida on Sat., June 29, and they’ve started the build on The Young Bucks & Cody Rhodes’ respective YouTube channels.

The first episode of Cody’s The Road to Fyter hit today (June 5), and there’s not much terribly newsworthy about it. They revisit the Frye Festival parody which bits from Being The Elite which give the show its name, and Rhodes hypes his match with Darby Allin while also promoting the tag match with his brother Dustin against The Bucks at July’s Fight For The Fallen pay-per-view (PPV).

As seems to be the case with a lot of things these days, the big takeaway is Jon Moxley. The former Dean Ambrose gets to cut an unscripted promo about his Fyter Fest match with Joey Janela. And it’s something else, man. Part of the theme for the speech is speed, and there were a couple moments where I couldn’t exactly track what he was saying. But it sounds cool, and I definitely want to tune in for the violence Mox promises, so...

“What about what happened at Double or Nothing makes you think I want to wait until July to step into the AEW ring for my first official? Uh-uh. Did I just stroll back into professional wrestling world? No. I Shawshank Redemption-ed out of that [bleep] and I’ve been on a full sprint ever since, so we’re gonna go fast.

Joey Janela? Let’s talk about THAT. This man says he wants to die in the ring. Okay, I get it. I get it. But when The Bad Boy Joey Janela said this, Jon Moxley didn’t exist in AEW. Things are different now. Now you’re talking about a guy that doesn’t have an off switch. You’re talking about a guy that doesn’t care if there are children in the audience. I don’t care if your grandmother is in the audience. You’re talking about a guy that doesn’t necessarily care about the referee’s discretion. When I get in the ring - when I step through the ropes, when the bell rings you’re talking about a guy who doesn’t necessarily care about ‘the safety of the athlete’.

On June 29th, Daytona Beach at the Fyter Fest, Jon Moxley, Joey Janela, you’re gonna get right now, quick, fast, in your face - think of it like Amazon Prime for head trauma. When you sign that contract for June 29th, Joey, you become my enemy for the duration. So take it from me. From one guy who gives zero f***s to another. Choose your words carefully, my friend. And make sure you’re sure you want to become my enemy.”

More of that, please.



from Cageside Seats - All Posts http://bit.ly/2WhbUqp
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments