name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Not even Roger Federer can play aggressive all the time, says Hoang coach

Not even Roger Federer can play aggressive all the time, says Hoang coach

Advertisemen

In an interview to We Love Tennis Antoine Hoang's coach Lionel Zimbler commented on what aspects the French player can improve. Hoang lost to his compatriot Gael Monfils in the French Open third round. "There is still some room for improvements in handling the key points and taking a decision and be coherent with that because he always wants to make sure he made the right choice. He has been working physically only for two years and a half, so we are a bit late in terms of power on the top part of the body and on his serve. We should be able to serve at 195 or 200km/h, we should make that within two years. Then for technique, he needs to have more keys when he has to defend because he cannot always play aggressive, Roger Federer does not manage to do that either", said Zimbler.

After his loss to Monfils, Hoang was asked what impressed him the most about his compatriot. "I would say the quality of his shots. The balls come out really strongly. Maybe I was slower than the previous days but very often I didn't feel at ease with his shots. I had trouble imposing my game and going up to the net. This bothered me. And then the way in which he covers the whole court. And the quality of his service, as well, very good second shot, which I had trouble controlling. So he blocked all of my weapons today." On his next plans, he concluded: "Well, I'll go home and I will indeed celebrate this week, which was great for me. It's the first time I go through such an experience. So you have to be able to enjoy such moments. Then I'll rest, because the preparation, the training, everything that took place this week took a lot of juice from me and a lot of influx, and then maybe I will play on grass, which maybe is a surface which is better for my game. But I shouldn't have too many expectations. It's not because I played well here that I'll play well on grass. I'll have to adapt to that new surface. Every time you have to adapt, you have to accept playing maybe not so well in order to reconstruct your game level."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2EVT2Ym
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments