name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Karen Khachanov: Getting married to longtime girlfriend helped me a lot

Karen Khachanov: Getting married to longtime girlfriend helped me a lot

Advertisemen

Karen Khachanov got married to his longtime girlfriend Veronika at just 20 years of age, which is not that common in tennis. Speaking to Tennis Magazin, the Russian player commented on his choice. "That's very important for me. How other players do, I cannot judge. That was our decision. The wedding helped me a lot. We have known each other since we were eight years old and we were part of the same tennis club. We had to go a summer camp together. In the airport before the check-in she was with her mother and sister. A friend and I were young and silly at the time. We played with the package and hit Veronika, my future wife. She looked at her mother and asked: 'Who are those idiots?' Her mother told us: 'Unfortunately, they are in the same world as ours.' The rest is history," said Khachanov, who will become a father in a few months.

Besides his career as a tennis professional, Khachanov has studied sports science. How did his studies go? "I finished my studies last year in June. Now I am a teacher of sports science. No, I am joking. So far I only have a high school licence. In Russia you have to study after school or go to military."

Earlier this week in the French Open, Khachanov was asked about his back issues: "It's better. I mean, it happened during the match, like, a spasm, you know. And I didn't tight -- you know, didn't stretch the muscle, so I didn't block it. So basically, thank you for asking, it's much better."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2I2aBYD
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments