name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Maria Sharapova: 'I heard Murray was looking for a mixed doubles partner'

Maria Sharapova: 'I heard Murray was looking for a mixed doubles partner'

Advertisemen

Through her official Twitter account, Maria Sharapova commented on Andy Murray revealing many female players rejected to play Wimbledon mixed doubles with him. Murray said: "I heard Andy was looking for a mixed dubs partner. Thanks to the US Open for sending in my resume today."

In an interview to Standard, Kyle Edmund commented on Murray's comeback: "100 per cent everyone will want to see him at Queen’s. He is a big name and he has been a big name for so long. There will be a lot of anticipation and I do not know how he is or how he is playing. He’s playing doubles which I think is him breaking himself back in. He deserves to get another game and to go out playing. Everyone wants to stop on a high. He deserves that. To be British number one... this [the media attention] is part of it. It’s only temporary, all the extra attention and the people wanting to write about you. It is only a few months and then it’s back to a quiet life."

Murray shared why he decided to pair up with Pierre-Hugues Herbert in the Wimbledon men's doubles: "It's a long story, really. Long story, but, yeah, basically, my coach saw him a little while ago and told him that, you know, that I might be playing doubles at Wimbledon. He had said to my coach he wasn't going to be playing doubles at Wimbledon. He was going to concentrate on singles at the French Open and Wimbledon, so he was not going to be playing doubles. And then, yeah, I can't remember exactly how long, but a couple of weeks ago, kind of had got in touch. He'd sort of said, well, you know, maybe I would play, like, didn't expect he might play with me at Wimbledon? And then, yeah, I'm assuming he spoke with his team and thought, you know, it might be a nice thing to do, and that was kind of how it came about."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/31XVuXT
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments