name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> I felt ready to win Wimbledon in the last two years, says Rafael Nadal

I felt ready to win Wimbledon in the last two years, says Rafael Nadal

Advertisemen

In an interview with CNN, Rafael Nadal commented on his five-set losses to Gilles Muller and Novak Djokovic in the last two years at Wimbledon. "Most people think, if you lose, he is not happy. Of course, it had been a tough loss against Muller. Of course it had been a very tough one against Novak in that semifinals, because it was a big chance for me to win Wimbledon, but at the end of the day for me, what makes me happy is feel myself competitive after a lot of years suffering a lot playing on grass," said Nadal. "I felt ready to go all the way."

In a column for BBC, Andy Murray reflected on his comeback to the competition. The British player, who won the men's doubles title at the Fever-Tree Championships at Queen's with Feliciano Lopez, wrote: "I still haven't given much thought to when exactly I could come back in the singles. I know how my body has felt after the matches over the past few days and, although I've had no pain in my hip, I've still been sore and a bit stiff. That's because my body needs to adapt to the new hip and the new movements, the stresses and strains I'm putting on it. So I know I need to respect that process. I'm not going to rush this and I've no interest in doing that. I'm perfectly happy doing what I have done in the past week at Queen's. If my body continues to feel good and keeps progressing then I would like to try to and play singles. But if it doesn't - and I get to a point where I'm playing and practising singles, and think I'm not quick enough or able to compete at a level I'm happy with - then continuing playing doubles is maybe something I'd consider."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2RxGA5U
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments