name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Christian Garin reacts to playing against Novak Djokovic at The Boodles

Christian Garin reacts to playing against Novak Djokovic at The Boodles

Advertisemen

Despite the loss, rising Chilean star Christian Garin enjoyed playing against world No. 1 Novak Djokovic at The Boodles. 

Djokovic, 32, beat the 23-year-old 6-2 6-4 in the opening match of The Boodles. 

Djokovic easily won the first set as he won the opening four games before he served out for the set in the eighth game. 

World No. 35 Garin threatened to force a decider but the Serb won four games in a row to recover from a 4-2 deficit and earn a straight-set win. 

It was the first-ever meeting between the two.

"It's amazing to play against someone like Novak. It's a privilege for me and I'm so happy to be here. Thank you for having me and I hope to see you next year," Garin said post-match during his on-court interview.

Garin is enjoying a breakthrough season on the tour as he won his first two titles in Houston and Munich, as well as achieved his career-high ranking of No. 32 in the world.

"It's been a great year for me. I have won two ATP's this year on clay. So I'm very happy with the way I'm playing," Garin claimed. 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/31SNHuz
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments