name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Alexei Popyrin: I think grass suits my game pretty well

Alexei Popyrin: I think grass suits my game pretty well

Advertisemen

Rising Australian star Alexei Popyrin has enjoyed a triumphant return to grass as he believes the fastest tennis surface suits his game. 

The 19-year-old made a good start to his Wimbledon qualifying campaign as he beat Argentina's Federico Coria 6-2 7-5. 

World No. 99 Popyrin broke Coria in the second game of the match before he claimed his second break in the eighth game to win the opener. 

Coria put up a better fight in the second set but the Australian converted his fourth match point in the 12th game to break the Argentine in the crucial moment and seal the win. 

It was Popyrin's first match on grass since turning professional in 2017. 

"I hadn't played on grass in three years coming into this year - last time I played on grass was 2016 juniors (laughter). Gotta get the hang of moving a little bit on it, slipped a couple of times. But I like the grass, I think it suits my game pretty well," Popyrin said post-match, per Tennis Australia Twitter.

Popyrin will fight against German Mats Moraing for a place in the Wimbledon qualifying final round.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2X6gVYj
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments