name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Roger Federer: 'Win over Rafael Nadal at 2017 Australian Open was magical'

Roger Federer: 'Win over Rafael Nadal at 2017 Australian Open was magical'

Advertisemen

In a recent interview, Roger Federer recalled his 18th Grand Slam title at the 2017 Australian Open. The tournament marked Federer's first official appearance since 2016 Wimbledon as he had taken a six-month break due to a knee injury and in Melbourne, he defeated four top ten players. "I expected myself to maybe play quarter-finals if the things go well because I was ranked 17th in the world, I had not played a tournament before in a long time, I would have had to maybe beat two or three top ten players to make the quarters and if I had lost in the first round I would have dropped outside of the top 30", said Federer. "The way it ended, five sets against (Rafael) Nadal, it was magical and maybe one of the best moments in my life."

Federer also spoke in detail about his five-set win over Nadal in the championship clash. The Basel native was down 1-3 on the fifth set "I was positive because it was the first time that I was down in the score because I started very well, won the first set, lost the second, won the third, lost the fourth and then I was down in the fifth. And that's where I was just trying to stay positive, tell myself, I have actually been playing well throughout. And then just because I am down 3-1 in the fifth it doesn't mean everything is bad. I was trying to stay positive but there was also like, "Why again, why am I losing again to Rafa". But I was able to play my best tennis in the last 20 minutes of the match and finish the run."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2LyIMe4
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments