name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Sam Querrey believes Danielle Collins can win US Open (and maybe reconsider farewell)

Sam Querrey believes Danielle Collins can win US Open (and maybe reconsider farewell)

Advertisemen

"As I said, I have some health issues and that makes things off the court more difficult. I hope everyone can respect that, it's something very personal. I always wanted to win every competition I entered, but now I think about it because it's my last year. I really wanted to try to win my first Wta 1000 this year, it's something really important to me. It's something I've talked about a lot with my inner circle. I wanted to give it my all, show my best tennis. I'm happy that I was able to solve some physical issues necessary to reach the best version of myself."

After triumphing at the Miami Open last March, Danielle Collins revealed in the press conference her decision to retire at the end of 2024. This has certainly been the best season for the American tennis player, who has shown a very high and consistent level of play (and results). Many have asked Danielle to reconsider retirement, but she has always stood by what she said after the Miami Open.

Danielle Collins Danielle Collins© Megan Briggs / Stringer Getty Images Sport  

In a recent interview with Tennis Channel, former American tennis champion Sam Querrey talked about his countrywoman, and the possibility that Collins could win the US Open. Querrey wonders if Danielle could reconsider retirement, if she were to win the last Major of the season.

"She's playing unbelievable this year, she won Miami. She's proven to herself that she can win these big events. So, why not win the US Open? What if she wins the US Open? Is it over? So what? Could this be a good way to go?" he said.

After triumphing in the final in Miami against Elena Rybakina, Collins also shared other interesting words about her success and her future.

"It's a dream come true to play at the level I played at this tournament. It's been a real adventure for me. I reached my first WTA 1000 final at the age of 30, it was a different journey than what I had experienced. It was incredible to step out on the court and feel the energy of the fans, it was awesome. I will never forget this day for that reason. Everywhere I looked, there were people cheering me on. It was hard to hide the emotion of all the support. We live for these kinds of moments, it was really special," she said.

Asked if this statement would make her reconsider her farewell to tennis, the American replied: "Thank you anyway. I feel like these kinds of questions come from a positive side, a lot of people would want to continue watching me play."



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/Cv2PiYX
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments