name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Jannik Sinner shares alarming update on his hip condition

Jannik Sinner shares alarming update on his hip condition

Advertisemen

Jannik Sinner came back to talk about his hip problem in a press conference after his semifinal win over Alexander Zverev at the Cincinnati Open. The words worried fans, even though the Italian tried to reassure them.

"Sometimes I feel something, I have to understand what it is because it seems like a different little problem than what I had in the past. I certainly won't run the risk of worsening the situation before the US Open. I will do some tests after Cincinnati. I was out for about a week, then I went to Montreal and played two matches in one day. I didn't have much time to recover and I came here. Putting so many hours in my legs is not bad, I'm happy to play. Arriving in the best possible condition at a Slam is the most important thing. In any case, there will be six days before New York, I'm sure I'll get there 100%," he explained.

Jannik Sinner Jannik Sinner© Dylan Buell / Stringer Getty Images Sport  

The 23-year-old Italian expressed great satisfaction for the victory achieved by force after a battle of over 3 hours.

"Being in the final of a big tournament like this means a lot to me. Then Zverev had beaten me almost always and you think about it when you enter the court. I always try to understand where I still have to improve, physically I feel good. Playing a bit in the evening helps, because it's not warm. Sometimes I have to adapt the game to the score, be a bit more aggressive when I'm ahead, shorten the rallies, do these types of things that you can only learn on the court."

On the final with Frances Tiafoe, Sinner analyzed: "He's playing very well, he's been showing great tennis in the last few months. He feels much better on the court. He moves very well, he has a heavy serve. It won't be easy to play against him. It will be a very physical match, the first shots in the rallies will be very important like with Sascha. And it will be very important to recover energy."



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/pTcKvet
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments