name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Carlos Alcaraz reveals bad sensations he felt against Novak Djokovic

Carlos Alcaraz reveals bad sensations he felt against Novak Djokovic

Advertisemen

There were the premises for his victory, there is no point in denying it, but Carlos Alcaraz had to bow to history and destiny. Above all, he bowed to Novak Djokovic; the Serbian champion performed an extraordinary, perfect match, sending the young Spaniard into crisis, especially in the return.

A bad defeat, in some ways unexpected and a silver medal that almost seems like a consolation prize for Alcaraz. The Spaniard, after the victories at Roland Garros and Wimbledon, was the big favorite in the final but surrendered in front of a sumptuous performance by the Serbian, protagonist of a legendary challenge, which gave him the last great success that he was still pursuing in his career.

Carlos Alcaraz and Novak Djokovic Carlos Alcaraz and Novak Djokovic© Getty Images Sport - Matthew Stockman  

The Spaniard burst into tears at the end of the match and made interesting statements, explaining how he felt negative feelings at the end of the challenge. It's normal; we must not forget that Carlitos is just a boy, the most precious Olympic medal will also come for him, I'm sure of that.

"It's very painful to lose the challenge in this way, I had great opportunities that you can't miss against a tennis player like Novak Djokovic. The truth is that he deserves this success, he played impressively, at this moment I feel very disappointed, many people expected an Olympic gold from me and I can say that I gave everything. I hope to win an Olympic gold during my career," he said.

Carlos Alcaraz and Novak Djokovic Carlos Alcaraz and Novak Djokovic © Getty Images Sport - Clive Brunskill  

Analyzing Djokovic's performance here in Paris, Carlitos explained: "After winning all the Slam finals it's not easy to assimilate this defeat but you have to appreciate that I still brought home a medal and now I think I want to get gold in Los Angeles. At the end of the match I had a bad feeling because you never want to lose but winning the silver medal is not something that happens every day, he raised the level in the tie-break and I hope that next time it can be better."

Alcaraz finally praised his opponent: "He raised the level in the important moments, I didn't. There's nothing wrong with that, I think next time I'll try not to find myself in a situation like that again."



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/P3ja756
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments