name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Andy Roddick shares very brutally thoughts on Rafael Nadal's future

Andy Roddick shares very brutally thoughts on Rafael Nadal's future

Advertisemen

Rafael Nadal will participate in the 2024 edition of the Laver Cup, an event that will be held in Berlin. The Spanish champion, fresh from the second round at the Paris Olympics lost against his historic rival Novak Djokovic, admitted at the press conference following the match his uncertainty concerns his participation in the North American hard-courts swing.

Media, insiders and fans are wondering what the near future of the Spanish champion is. I keep stressing that it is a gift to see Rafa on the court, and we should focus on this, rather than on his retirement, but the issue - of course - cannot be ignored, especially by us in the media.

Rafael Nadal Rafael Nadal© Clive Brunskill / Staff Getty Images Sport  

Former American tennis legend Andy Roddick is one of the last to have expressed his point of view on the matter. In a recent episode of his podcast Served with Andy Roddick, the American revealed how Nadal may be coming to the end of his professional career and that the Laver Cup could be his last dance.

"The Laver Cup could be a celebration. We're all better when he's around. Hopefully we'll see him in the big finals again. I don't know. It feels like this could be the end. I'm certainly not like the greatest players of all time. I can't figure it out, but I don't know if he wants to compete for titles in Bastad. I don't know if it's his lane. We'll see. We don't know what he'll do, we're not in his inner circle, but I find it hard to believe that he'll put in the effort and try to give Roland Garros another chance. But I've been wrong about him in the past and any analyst who has an opinion is just guessing," said Roddick.

Rafael Nadal Rafael Nadal© Clive Brunskill / Staff Getty Images Sport  

Nadal, regarding his possible participation in the US Open, explained, after his elimination at the Paris Olympics: "At the moment I think I will not participate in the US Open, but I will let you know soon. I don't think I can give a clear answer to everyone, I need time and I feel like this is difficult."

Nadal explained that he plays and intends to always play with the intent of experiencing emotions but still trying to win. The priority, however, is to play for emotions, innate feelings that make him feel great during each match.

"This could have been my last match at Roland Garros, and I will always be grateful to the Parisian public for always supporting me, on every occasion. I will spend time with my family after 4 months in which I enjoyed playing tennis again, despite some problems and disappointments. When I have a clear idea of ​​what I will do in the future with or without a racket in my hand I will let you know. If I don't have the desire, strength or motivation to continue, I will retire," he added.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/FUB1rh4
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments