name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> BREAKING NEWS: Sinner doesn't train and he risks to skip the Madrid quarters

BREAKING NEWS: Sinner doesn't train and he risks to skip the Madrid quarters

Advertisemen

Jannik Sinner had jast yesterday questioned his presence in the quarter-final match of the Mutua Madrid Open, scheduled for tomorrow against Felix Auger Aliassime. And now - news from a few minutes ago - the young Italian has skipped the training session ahead of tomorrow's match.

A negative signal that worries fans of the young Italian, who reached the quarterfinals in Madrid for the first time in his career.

According to Sky Sport, Jannik did not show up for the training session scheduled for Wednesday from 4:00pm (local time) on court 4.

The problems with his right hip appear to continue to cause problems for the young Italian. At the moment, no news has emerged from sources close to his team regarding information on the possibility or otherwise of seeing him on the court.

Jannik Sinner Jannik Sinner© Clive Brunskill / Staff Getty Images Sport  

But a decision should be made known in the next few hours or, at the latest, tomorrow, the day on which the match against Auger Aliassime is scheduled

"Hip problems? I think that having played so many matches this year could have an impact and I am aware that it could happen. I chose to play at the last minute, I already had this type of situation at the beginning of my career. I felt almost 100% physically.

Then I knew that by winning the round of 16, I would have a day off and could therefore rest. This definitely relieved me. We'll see how I feel in training, I'm curious to see how my hip will react after playing for two hours at a high pace.

I knew I would suffer, but I accepted it. I also try to enjoy the moment, because if you don't like playing tennis it's difficult. If I can play and have fun, I will play, otherwise not," said Jannik after beating Karen Khachanov.

Will Sinner play the Madrid quarterfinals again Auger Alisassime?

In fact, Sinner, in the press conference, had once again questioned his presence in the next match scheduled for the Mutua Madrid Open already after beating the Russian.

The hip problems have improved but not disappeared completely and the Italian explained:

"I'm not afraid but you have to think twice because now Rome, Paris, then Wimbledon and the Olympics are coming. If the situation gets worse, I will think about it again. We'll see how I feel in training on the day off, I'm curious to see how my hip will react after playing for two hours against Khachanov.

I decided to play after the warm-up and saw that I was ready. I knew I would suffer, but I accepted it. I also try to enjoy the moment, because if you don't like playing tennis it's difficult. If I can play and have fun, I will play, otherwise I won't play. I'll make my decision on Wednesday."

Jannik Sinner Jannik Sinner© Clive Brunskill / Staff Getty Images Sport  

Sinner then added: "My main goal is to be 100% physically. It was a different fight because it was the first without a covered roof and on a different court.

So I had to get used to these conditions, especially in the first set, but I'm happy with how I turned the situation around in the second and third. I don't want to say what time I went to sleep after Kotov.

There are players who struggle to sleep because they still have adrenaline, it's not my case, but you do a lot of work after the match. It's a long night and there's work to do in the morning too."



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3seUd1n
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments