name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Photos: Iga Swiatek enjoys great day at sea in Cancun ahead of WTA Finals

Photos: Iga Swiatek enjoys great day at sea in Cancun ahead of WTA Finals

Advertisemen

Iga Swiatek enjoyed a great day at the Caribbean Sea in Cancun ahead of the start of the WTA Finals. Swiatek, 22, arrived in Cancun earlier this week. By arriving in Cancun six days before the start of the WTA Finals, Swiatek gave herself a chance to get well-acclimated to the conditions in Mexico. Also, Swiatek provided herself an opportunity to enjoy some quality in Cancun before the start of the prestigious season-ending tournament. While cruising the sea on the boat, Swiatek soaked up the sun and relaxed before kicking off her final tournament of the year.

Swiatek put focus on the WTA Finals moments after winning Beijing

On October 8th, Swiatek landed the WTA 1000 title in Beijing after crushing Liudmila Samsonova 6-2 6-2 in the final. In her post-final press conference, Swiatek highlighted that day would only be used for the celebration and the next she would already start her preparation for the WTA Finals. "He (coach) actually gave me the whole plan kind of as a joke because he knew I'm not going to remember about it in next 10 minutes. For sure today is about a celebration. But he told me when I'm going to be back at work. Yeah, it's not a long time for me to have rest at this point 'cause, for sure, Cancun is really important tournament. I want to get ready and also kind of continue the work I've been doing after US Open in terms of technique and what I want to improve on court. Yeah, I'm going to spend two weeks home and I'm going to probably practice, like, eight days, and the rest are going to be days off. I don't think there's going to be a lot of time for me to do anything more. I'll just focus on work and on the last tournament of the season," Swiatek said in her press after winning Beijing. Swiatek, 22, will be aiming to win her first WTA Finals title in her third appearance at the tournament this year.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/liH4ngt
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments