name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Lexi Thompson: Coming into a PGA Tour event, being a woman, is a challenge

Lexi Thompson: Coming into a PGA Tour event, being a woman, is a challenge

Advertisemen

Lexi Thompson will be only the seventh female golfer to compete on the PGA Tour. Making the cut in the tournament is her goal. She doesn't want to rush and intends to take it step by step, but she is fully aware of the significance of making the cut for her.

“Definitely at the top. Definitely at the top of my accomplishments. It's been an honour just to get this invite, but one step, one shot at a time. That would be an amazing feeling.”- Thompson said, as quoted by golfmonthly.com!

Thompson leads the LPGA Tour in average driving distance. She views this tournament as an excellent opportunity to showcase her skills. Although Lexi hasn't utilized many drivers in recent weeks, she is aware that the circumstances will be different this time.

 “Yeah, it's nice to come here and hit a lot of drivers, of course. You know, the last few weeks I didn't hit too many drivers, but you still have to hit the golf shots on the LPGA Tour. It's just I don't get to take advantage of sometimes my length on a few of those holes. Here it's driver on every hole, and I definitely like that. Fire away and swing, get the most distance I can on a few of those holes.”- Lexi continued.

Lexi Thompson: Coming into a PGA Tour event, being a woman, is a challenge

Lexi will be fully dedicated to achieving a favorable outcome. As a woman competing in such an event, she anticipates a range of reactions. Nevertheless, she views this as an excellent opportunity to demonstrate the skill and power of female golfers.

“I don't really see it as a challenge. Coming into a PGA Tour event, being a woman, is a challenge.

I just got to play within myself. I know my game. Don't try to push anything. Play within myself and that's all I can do. Try my best on every single shot, 100% committed. Whatever happens, I can only control my emotions and my game.”



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/p84yaLB
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments