name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Jannik Sinner shares honest words: "I'm trying to understand my brain"

Jannik Sinner shares honest words: "I'm trying to understand my brain"

Advertisemen

Jannik Sinner beat Daniil Medvdev for the first time in his career, in the final of the 2023 edition of the China Open and now, after overcoming this curse, the next milestone will be to try to beat Novak Djokovic.

In fact, the Italian tennis player, who had lost the six previous matches against the Russian, managed to break the curse, but has not yet managed to beat Novak Djokovic. Not even Rafael Nadal. Holger Rune should also be added to the list, although the two played just two matches and, in one of the two, the Italian withdrew due to injury.

The Italian tennis player is experiencing another very positive moment of the season, which led him to lift his third title after Montpellier and Toronto. In an interview given to Corriere della Sera, Sinner was asked the question on this topic.

The Italian tennis player's response was rather detached, highlighting how his thoughts are different at this stage: "I'm busy getting to know my brain, but it takes time. I'm interested in understanding 100% of how mine works, especially in difficult situations, when I'm tired or nervous.

The weeks after New York also hit my head and in Beijing I hope it was noticed. In Monte-Carlo I work with Formula Medicine: it's a different way of training the mind. I will try to reproduce the model in Shanghai, which will be an important test, hoping that Beijing was not just a coincidence."

Sinner: "I admit that I am in a pleasant position"

2023 has been fantastic, so far, for the new world number 4: "I admit that I am in a pleasant position, I leave Beijing with a remarkable amount of confidence, but it is not always enough. Nothing, in our world, is discounted.

I don't know what it looks like from the outside, there are no easy matches and every week we start from scratch. There is more work to do now that I have entered the top 4 than before. And we never stop: holidays don't exist, they serve to prepare for the following season."

Shanghai will be the next target to close the ATP Finals discussion and officially obtain qualification: the match of the Italian is scheduled for Saturday, who will face the American Marcos Giron.

An opponent within the reach of the athlete trained by coach Simone Vagnozzi and Darren Cahill, who will have to quickly recharge his batteries in view of the next match.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Ng83ka
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments