name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Grigor Dimitrov is not surprised by Carlos Alcaraz's win at Wimbledon

Grigor Dimitrov is not surprised by Carlos Alcaraz's win at Wimbledon

Advertisemen

Grigor Dimitrov is one of the protagonists at the start of the Mubadala Citi Open in Washington. The Bulgarian tennis player, seeded number 5, overcame his first round against the American Mackenzie McDonald with the final score of 7-6, 6-2.

In the press conference, in addition to the match, the 32-year-old was questioned about the recent Wimbledon final between Carlos Alcaraz and Novak Djokovic.

Here's what the player born in Haskovo commented: "I only watched the first two sets after that. I had the impression that, after seeing the score from the first set, Carlitos was still in the game. For me it's very interesting to watch a match loke that, to see what they both do and how they play the important points.

I was especially curious about this aspect. Much credit to Alcaraz for inventing and building truly spectacular points of some importance. I think that was pretty amazing to see. Last but not least: Nole managed to make it to Grand Slam final again after another, that's pretty awesome. It will now be interesting to see what happens now between the two."

Grigor Dimitrov is not surprised by Carlos Alcaraz's win at Wimbledon

Dimitrov added: "Carlos Alcaraz's victory didn't surprise me, I've already faced him two or three times and in a certain sense I knew what he was going to do. He absolutely does not hold back in the important points, he plays his game and is rewarded."

The Bulgarian ended with this revelation, in his opinion: "He does not I think overall tennis players struggle to play on any surface. They are faster, better and stronger, all adapt better to any kind of situation. I remember when I moved from one surface to another it wasn't a problem even for me at that moment."

After the Citi Open at Washington, the North American hard-courts season will go ahead with the Canadian Open, the Western & Southern Open, and the US Open.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/SBFR4fK
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments