name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Aryna Sabalenka learns her possible path to Montreal title

Aryna Sabalenka learns her possible path to Montreal title

Advertisemen

World No 2 Aryna Sabalenka has received her potential path to the Montreal title. As the second-seeded player in Montreal, Sabalenka has a first-round bye. In her first match at the tournament, Sabalenka will likely meet former world No 14 Petra Martic. In the Montreal round-of-16, Sabalenka is projected to take on 15th-seeded Liudmila Samsonova. In the Montreal quarterfinal, Sabalenka's projected opponent is No 7 seed Petra Kvitova. For a place in Montreal final, Sabalenka is scheduled to meet No 3 seed Elena Rybakina. The projected Montreal final is between Sabalenka and top-seeded Iga Swiatek.

Sabalenka set for her first tournament since Wimbledon

At Wimbledon, Sabalenka made the Wimbledon semifinal before losing to Ons Jabeur. After losing despite being up by a set and a break to Jabeur, Sabalenka admitted there things she needed to address on the practice court. 

"Well, I definitely think that the first thing we going to do on practice, my coach is going to play a lot of lines, and I have to play cross-court instead of trying to go for crazy shots from that low balls (smiling). Oh, my God, I don't know. There are so many things I can improve. I think it's more mentally. It's more mental stuff that I can improve than game, you know? I mean, everything was going well for me. I just lost it a little bit in the second set, and it's just gone. She was going for crazy shots. I felt like she was doing whatever she want, and everything was going in. I was just, like, trying to put the ball back, like, on that side. I'll just keep working, keep pushing myself. Hopefully next time mentally I'll be tougher in the semifinals," Sabalenka said.

Over three weeks have passed since Sabalenka exited Wimbledon and she is now set to play again. It remains to be seen if Sabalenka can start her summer on hard courts with a victory in Montreal.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/R9NVCeF
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments