name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Wimbledon records longest tie-break in tennis: 38 points

Wimbledon records longest tie-break in tennis: 38 points

Advertisemen

Romanian Ana Bogdan and Ukrainian Lesia Tsurenko beat the record for the longest tie-break ever recorded after their match ended 6-4, 3-6, 6-7 (18-20) for Tsurenko. The match unfolded on Court 14.

"The tiebreak in the deciding set of the match between Ana Bogdan and Lesia Tsurenko is the sole leader in a list of the longest tiebreaks in women's matches. The previous record was 36 points, which was scored in the first set of a match between Denisa Allertova and Johanna Konta at Roland Garros 2015. Ana Bogdan's match with Lesia Tsurenko is in first place in the general top as well, but tied with a game from the men's circuit. It is about the confrontation between Andy Roddick and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, from the 2007 Australian Open, which had a tiebreak of 38 points in the first set," Romanian publication Digi Sport notes.

Tsurenko's next opponent

Lesia Tsurenko's next opponent at Wimbledon is the 4th-seeded Jessica Pegula. A match against Pegula is tough but with the over 3 hours spent on the court in her last match, Tsurenko has even fewer chances of prevailing.

Yet, following her run, Tsurenko is still set to earn a lot of money, which, per her words, will be donated to help Ukraine. 

"When the conflict broke out, I thought of leaving tennis and going to my country as a volunteer to help with all this they needed. However, Dolgopolov called me and explained that I had to continue playing and that this was the best way to help Ukraine. I've never played for money and I don't I will now, so I will donate almost everything I earn from tournaments," Tsurenko said at the start of June.

The good news for Tsurenko is that her elbow discomfort hasn't caused her problems at Wimbledon so far. "

"Lately it hurts less. It's incredible because at the end of last year they told me that the inflammation had reached the bone and that I had to think about retiring. Tennis is my great passion, so I took some time off and worked on rebalancing my whole body. This season it hurts a lot at night but during the day I'm fine and this allows me to train and compete," she specified, providing updates on her current physical condition," Lesia said in June.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/zVrCDFw
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments