name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Holger Rune honestly shares how he reacted to Caroline Wozniacki's proposal

Holger Rune honestly shares how he reacted to Caroline Wozniacki's proposal

Advertisemen

Danish tennis star Holger Rune, 20, reveals he was "so happy" when he heard Caroline Wozniacki saying publicly she would absolutely love to play mixed doubles with him at the 2024 Paris Olympics. Wozniacki, 32, announced a shock return to tennis last week. Wozniacki, the 2018 Australian Open champion, will play her first comeback tournament in Montreal, in early August. This week, Wozniacki said she would love to win an Olympics medal in her return. Also, Wozniacki revealed she would be happy if Rune accepted to play mixed doubles with her at next year's Olympics.

Rune: I was so happy when Wozniacki said that 

"It's so good. I was so happy when she said that. It could be very, very funny (playing mixed doubles). You know I'm super happy she's coming back. I saw her at the French Open and she looked in very, very good shape. I don't know, I was thinking, and I actually told my mum like she's just in that good shape or she's thinking about something and she did so it's really great. I'm super happy for her," Rune said on Tennis Channel. 

After the 2020 Australian Open, Wozniacki's career came to an end. Three and a half years later, Wozniacki is returning to tennis. After Wozniacki announced her return, it was also revealed that she was given main draw wildcards into Montreal and the US Open. Wozniacki, a former world No 1, believes she can enjoy success at the highest level again.

"Am I nervous? Not really. I’m coming back to something I love. Yes, I’ll be nervous before a match; I’m okay with that. I’m great with that. Can I win the US Open? I think so. Can I win the Australian Open? I think so. That’s why I’m doing this. And I guess we’ll see what happens," Wozniacki told Vogue.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/TLgHe2u
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments