name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Djokovic shares life hack on what to do when things go wrong

Djokovic shares life hack on what to do when things go wrong

Advertisemen

During his visit to the Asics House of Tennis, Novak Djokovic shared a piece of advice that can be applied by everyone who either can't live in the present or has any kind of problems focusing. 

"People have been always talking about, you know, forget about the past, don't think about the future, be in the present moment. I don't think that's possible in reality because our mind is a traveler. It likes to travel past, present, future all the time. What if scenarios. On the court it's probably even more intense. I think it's also not possible to keep, you know, when somebody tells you 'be steady, don't think about this'. If someone tells you to not think about it, you will almost certainly think about it," said Novak Djokovic.

"One of the biggest lessons I've probably learned about mental strength is that if you lose your focus, if you're not present, things start to go the wrong way for you, it's fine. Accept it and then come back. I think that recovery of how long you stay in that emotion is what differentiates you from others. I think the recovery is more important than working hard to stay in the present because it's almost impossible to stay all the time in the present. We always think what's going to happen, am I going to win or not?"

        View this post on Instagram                      

A post shared by Ashley Neaves (@the_tennis_mentor)

Novak Djokovic has the best mentality

American ATP star Tommy Paul admitted in March that Novak Djokovic's mental game is the best one on the ATP Tour.

"I think mentally he's the best in the game. That's where you see the difference in those matches at least. I think that's where most of the difference was in that match. Like you say, Oh, the only difference was mentality? Or like his mental game was better? But, like, that's big, you know.

Like it was like 7-5, 6-1, 6-1(6-2) or something. It was all mental, I think. I mean, it's a pretty crazy level, definitely. But I think he just handles every situation, every moment in massive matches so well. I mean, if I want to be where I want to be, I think or I know that's something I'm going to have to get a lot better at, and something I'm working on big time," Paul said as quoted in one of our articles.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/UI50Ylx
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments