name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Rose Zhang on her 'new' life: It was definitely a lot more than I expected

Rose Zhang on her 'new' life: It was definitely a lot more than I expected

Advertisemen

With her victory in the Mizuho Americas Open, Rose Zhang knew she would have to adjust to a new life and everything that is waiting for her. Despite that, judging by her statements, it appears that her life hasn't changed significantly in the last few weeks. Zhang had no idea that her win would generate so much attention and create such a buzz. It is, however, going to take some time for her to get used to it.

“I definitely did not expect a lot of frenzy to occur over my last win. I expected people to know. I expected people to be just super happy about it, but I never thought that media would also be like all over it, as well. It was definitely a lot more than I expected, but I've been doing quite a few press interviews, press conferences.”- she said, as quoted by golfmonthly.com

Returning to the university campus meant a lot of questions from her friends. Zhang had no problem answering everything.

“Once I got back on campus, all my friends were like: ‘Yo, congrats.’ After that we spent time just talking about random things and how they have been surviving campus life.”

Rose Zhang and her life

Zhang emphasized that despite everything, things have not changed much. She still leads the same life, although now there are many more people around her, and she attracts much more attention. For Zhang, the most important thing is that the people around her are the same. She relies heavily on their support in order to succeed.

“I feel like it's crazy to say that other than all the additional press interviews and all the extra attention, my life hasn't really changed as drastically as everyone may think. It's just super busy, obviously, and there's a lot more happening.

With the people around me, they haven't really changed, and I appreciate that because they are a sense of like normalcy when I'm around them, especially back home."

The relaxed atmosphere at home is what suits her at the moment and she enjoys it.

“My family, my mom, my brother and my sister-in-law, I was playing with my niece in the last three days that I was at home. Obviously my niece is two and a half. She's not going to know that I won a tournament or she doesn't even know that I play golf. It's more I go back home and everything is just very relaxed, and I have a good time.”



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/sUCco0z
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments