name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> 'The year 2022 was marked by Novak Djokovic's absence', says top coach

'The year 2022 was marked by Novak Djokovic's absence', says top coach

Advertisemen

Casper Ruud comes from a successful 2022 in which perhaps he lacked the icing on the cake. The Norwegian tennis player reached two Grand Slam finals (Roland Garros and US Open), losing in both cases to Rafael Nadal and Carlos Alcaraz. Next, the current world number 3 closed the season by reaching the final at the Atp Finals against Novak Djokovic. For 2023, the Scandinavian will try to do what he failed to do the year before: lift a relatively important trophy. "The goal is to try to stay in similar positions, between the top 10 and 5 in the world and fight for the most important titles" -so Ruud begins in an interview he gave to Eurosport-. "In 2022 I finished third, if in 2023 I finish sixth or twelfth, for sure I won't be disappointed, it's still a good result. Last year was extraordinary for my career." It has always been said that the most difficult thing in the world of tennis is not to arrive, but to stay, a phrase with which the Norwegian agrees and which he wants to try to "challenge". "Last year was extraordinary for my career. It gave me confidence and motivation to continue working in the future. I am still very young and I hope to have many years ahead of me. A year like this, at the beginning of my career, is very rewarding, it can It will be difficult because the expectations can increase, but in the end I will try to focus on each game, it does not matter if it is a first round or a final. Without thinking about what others will say or think about me, or how I would react if I lose," continues the 24-year-old tennis player from Oslo. Ruud was also asked about his relationship with Rafael Nadal, who has been spending a lot of time with him lately. "I think I have developed a friendship with Nadal. He and I love to play golf, so if we are both in Mallorca he invites me sometimes, which is very nice. He has his family and close friends there."

Nole Djokovic will face Carballes Baena

Very discreet in the media for a few months, the famous Austrian coach, Gunter Bresnik, whose association with GaĆ«l Monfils still seems relevant despite the inactivity of the Parisian, spoke on several subjects a few days before the start of the 'Australian Open. And inevitably, the name of Novak Djokovic did not take long to emerge. “The year 2022 was marked by his absence where he was indeed prohibited from practicing his profession. I don't want to judge whether it was right or not. In any case, he lives for his cause, he wants to become the best player of all time. And he's already one of the greatest of all time with such mental toughness. Also, his popularity rating is low, and he really wants to change that."



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/4x5lYuv
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments