name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Emma Raducanu weighs in on criticism from ex-coach Dmitry Tursunov

Emma Raducanu weighs in on criticism from ex-coach Dmitry Tursunov

Advertisemen

Emma Raducanu has addressed the criticism directed at her by former coach Dmitry Tursunov.

In October, British media reported that Tursunov decided to ditch Raducanu and start working with another player - that player later turned out to be Belinda Bencic.

In one of his interviews, Tursunov said he noticed "some red flags" about Raducanu and also said the 20-year-old needed to listen to just "one voice."

“We didn’t agree on the terms [with the Raducanu camp], and there were some red flags that just couldn’t be ignored," Tursunov said after splitting with Raducanu.

Raducanu on Tursunov's comments 

“I think that the way I have been brought up, I have always had quite a lot of people around me. And it’s more just been me picking and choosing what I want to take and what I want to leave. I don’t really think [it’s] anything out of the ordinary. He [Tursunov] can say what he thinks," Raducanu told the BBC, as revealed on The Telegraph

After taking some time to consider her next move, Raducanu decided to hire Sebastian Sachs. 

Initially, Raducanu was on a trial period with Sachs.

But after the preseason ended, Raducanu realized that she is glad with what Sachs is bringing to the table. 

Now, Raducanu feels she is becoming more settled when it comes to her coaching staff and team. 

“I think a part of it is that I didn’t have that core, small team. I didn’t have that solid set-up and the team that I really fully trusted. So for me this year, now I feel like I have definitely got that, so I don’t probably need to consult as wide any more," Raducanu explained. 

After changing multiple changes, Raducanu would certainly love to settle with Sachs for a longer period. 

It remains to be seen if Sachs can help Raducanu elevate her game and do big things. 



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/ATOHknE
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments