name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Stefanos Tsitsipas: 'I will definitely say yes to it'

Stefanos Tsitsipas: 'I will definitely say yes to it'

Advertisemen

On February 3-4 or 4-5, 2023, the same week as the Davis Cup Qualifiers by Rakuten, the World Group I and World Group II play-offs will take place. Stefanos Tsitsipas, in the semifinals of the Australian Open this week, will lead Greece against Ecuador at the Spiros Louis Olympic Stadium in Athens. The world number 5, along with Michael Pervolarakis, Petros Tsitsipas and Areistotelis Thanos, will face a team diminished by the absences of Emilio Gómez and Roberto Quiroz. Veterans Diego Hidalgo and Gonzalo Escobar will defend, together with Andrés Andrade, Álvaro Guillén and Cayetano March, the visiting team. “It will be very difficult,” commented captain Raúl Viver. "We play away in Athens and they play Stefanos Tsitpsipas, one of the best 5 in the world, who can definitely make a difference." Denmark will have top 10 Holger Rune hosting India in Hillerød. Rune, who came very close to defeating Andrey Rublev in Melbourne on Monday, joins Ausgust Holmgren, Elmer Moller, Johannes Ingildsen and Christian Sigsgaard to take on Rohit Rajpal's team that will feature the experienced Rohan Bopanna in their ranks. Thiago Monteiro, 77, Felipe Meligeni Alves, Matheus Pucinelli and Gustavo Heide will receive China in Florianópolis. The visitors will travel with Rigele Te and Jie Cui in the lead. In Metepec, Mexico will host Chinese Taipei with a team made up of Alan Rubio, César Ramírez, and rookies Isaac Arévalo, Armando Sotelo and Luciano Alcocer. Captain Miguel Gallardo hopes to take advantage of the local position against a much stronger team in terms of ranking. Yoshihito Nishioka will, along with Taro Daniel, lead Japan against Poland in the city of Miki.

Tsitsipas wants to win the AO

Stefanos Tsitsipas will next face the 18th seed Karen Khachanov in the semifinals on Friday. "I'm feeling great with my tennis. I don't think I felt so good in a long time. I will definitely say yes to it," Tsitsipas said. "I've said it, I'm a different player, playing different. My mentality is different. When I'm out on the court, I don't really think of negatives, to be honest. I just go out there and play the game," Tsitsipas said. "I passed through this myself. At some point it fades out a little bit 'cause you are an adult. You are not any more a kid. These guys are still sort of in the transition mode. They're still there," Tsitsipas said. "I had my fair share of that. Now I'm looking forward to kind of move forward from there. There's no other 'gen' after that, it's just adulthood," he added.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/OwuHBY0
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments