name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Qinwen Zheng: I make strange faces sometimes, we can't all be like Roger Federer

Qinwen Zheng: I make strange faces sometimes, we can't all be like Roger Federer

Advertisemen

Qinwen Zheng said doing photoshoot for Harper’s Chinese Mini Bazaar magazine was a really pleasant experience. 

At the US Open, Zheng jokingly admitted she definitely makes some "strange faces" during matches but noted that not everyone can have a "really calm face" like Roger Federer. 

“When I see those picture, I feel really happy because when we play tennis, especially me, I know I make strange faces sometimes. I mean, not everybody can play like Roger (Federer) with a really calm face. I wish I can, but is so tough to be like that,” Zheng said with a smile, per Eurosport. “When I see this picture and compared to tennis, of course you see is much more beautiful, absolutely, yes. But also, you know, on tennis, I enjoy the way how I am and to be, like, competitor on court is different beauty. Both are really good.”

Zheng defeated Anastasia Potapova to reach the US Open third round

On Thursday, Zheng defeated Potapova 7-6 (4) 7-6 (3) to reach the US Open third round in her tournament debut.

The first set was an incredibly tight contest as not a single break point was seen during the opener.

In the first set tie-break, Potapova got off to a better start as she led 4-1 through the first five points.

Potapova then suffered a stunning collapse as Zheng won the next six points to overturn the deficit and win the first set.

After losing the first set, Potapova earned the first break of the match in the first game of the second set.

Zheng responded in style, claiming back-to-back breaks to win four games in a row and take a 4-1 lead in the second set.

But Potapova refused to quit as she broke back Zheng in the ninth game and eventually forced another tie-break.

In the tie-break, Potapova suffered another collapse.

The two players were tied to three points apiece, before Zheng won four points in a row to escape with a straight-set win.

Zheng plays next Jule Niemeier.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/gxd8meP
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments