name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Nick Kyrgios: 'I only ever want to ride the ups and downs with you'

Nick Kyrgios: 'I only ever want to ride the ups and downs with you'

Advertisemen

Jamie Delgado says that Nick Kyrgios did not let his people down as he gave his best and gave it all up before falling to Karen Khachanov. After suffering a five-set loss to Khachanov in the US Open quarterfinals, Kyrgios was deeply disappointed. The Australian said he felt "like a !"#$" and added that he felt he had "let a lot of people down" After beating top-seeded Daniil Medvedev in the round of 16, Kyrgios was definitely the favorite to beat Khachanov and reaching the US Open semifinal for the first time in his career. But Khachanov came out to play and defeated Kyrgios 7-5, 4-6, 7-5, 6-7 (3), 6-4. Delgado, who has worked with Andy Murray and Denis Shapovalov, felt that Kyrgios did not disappoint with his performance in New York. "I saw it and I felt a bit sorry for him. He will feel that way, but he hasn't let his team down," Delgado told Tennis365. "All you want as a member of the team is for the player to prepare to the best of his ability and go out there and drop it all. It is evident that he felt the pressure of having to win. I'm sure his family will want to see him out there competing and enjoying himself. If he loses, he hasn't let anyone down. Honestly, I feel like a !"#. I feel like I've let a lot of people down. I feel like these four tournaments are the only ones that are going to matter. It's like I have to start all over again. I have to wait until the Australian Open. It's just devastating. Like, it's heartbreaking. Not just for me, but for everyone I know who wants me to win," Kyrgios said. Although Kyrgios has not won the US Open, this summer has been very good for him. After reaching his first Grand Slam final at Wimbledon, Kyrgios made another great showing at the US Open.

Kyrgios had a great season

Nick Kyrgios recently took to social media to express his appreciation for his girlfriend, Costeen Hatzi. "Dear Coz, what a journey we have been on already. My life has honestly never been the same since I've met you, you continue to make me smile and be everything I need in tough moments." Calling Hatzi his "best friend," Kyrgios further wrote: "There will always be struggle in life & I only ever want to ride the ups and downs with you. We explore the world and continue to experience all the craziness out there but this is just a small reminder that I love you and you are my best friend."



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/6bfHmVj
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments