name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Snooker great Ronnie O'Sullivan draws similarity between him, Novak Djokovic

Snooker great Ronnie O'Sullivan draws similarity between him, Novak Djokovic

Advertisemen

The snooker great Ronnie O'Sullivan feels he and Novak Djokovic are similar in some ways. 

In snooker, O'Sullivan is widely considered as one of the greatest to have ever played the game.

O'Sullivan is a seven-time world champion in snooker, while Djokovic has 21 Grand Slam titles in tennis.

O'Sullivan and Djokovic are widely considered as one of the toughest opponents in their respective sports and O'Sullivan thinks he knows why. 

“He might go a frame, two frames, three frames, or whatever, but he is going to crumble. Not through any fault of his own: just his game, physically, mentally, it all just comes down,” O'Sullivan said on Eurosport’s The Breakdown podcast, via Tennis365. “It all eventually falls apart for them, do you know what I mean? I just think ‘you can’t keep this up, I can’. So it might go 4-4, but then I’ll go 12-4 up. I just think that I’m going to keep playing like that continuously and you’ve had to put everything into that 4-4, but you can’t keep doing that. Some days you can try everything and it just doesn’t happen for you. I just look at it over a career and think ‘have I been on top most of the time?’"

O'Sullivan on his and Djokovic's ability to grind down opponents

“I like to think that when I get in that gear and that zone, I become quite strong. They [his opponents] could not sustain it for longer periods of time so I was able to pull away. I play to quite a high level for a lot of the time, which is quite difficult. It is like playing Djokovic at tennis: you might win the first set, nick it 6-4, and you have to give it everything, but then he starts to get into you and you just see them thinking ‘I can’t deal with this fella,'" O'Sullivan added.

Playing your best against Djokovic doesn't guarantee you a victory.

In this year's Wimbledon final, Nick Kyrgios was playing great but still lost in four sets.

After the final, tennis experts and pundits agreed that Kyrgios delivered a strong performance and that it was hard to blame him for the loss.

But Djokovic was simply outstanding that day.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/gZnAvBp
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments