name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Nick Kyrgios: 'Whether I won or lost, I just wanted...'

Nick Kyrgios: 'Whether I won or lost, I just wanted...'

Advertisemen

At 27 years old, Nick Kyrgios appears to be in the prime of his career. Having stayed on the verge of obtaining his first Grand Slam seems to have changed some of the perceptions that the controversial Australian player has had. “I am playing for much more than myself, I feel like I have a totally different mindset. A couple of years ago, after getting a big Grand Slam result, I would have struggled to keep going, find the motivation, I was probably a bit more selfish. Now I feel like I've had time off to go to the Bahamas, but I was still training there every day. I was thinking about getting to these tournaments and being in shape to play. You know, Marcos Giron is among the 50 best in the world, beating him in an hour is not easy. I'm doing everything I can, I have a lot of motivation at the moment”, commented the current number 63 in the world. Regarding the various controversial attitudes that he has on the track, he indicated: “Sometimes I feel a bit of a perfectionist, maybe I'm too hard on myself. If someone wins a match in an hour, it's normal to be happy, but sometimes I can win 6-3, 4-0 and I still get angry about things. The Wimbledon final has made me obsessed with trying to play every point perfect, but this is not realistic. No one plays a match without making unforced errors, not even Djokovic or Nadal, we all fail. “I think I'm going to be a little bit kinder to myself, I'm going to stop waiting to play every perfect point. All this is a new experience, there are players who reach a Grand Slam final and then suffer for the next six months, I don't want this to happen to me,” he concluded in statements taken up by ' Break Point '.

What's next for Nick Kyrgios?

Speaking at his post-match press conference, the Aussie said that he’s playing with confidence now and is always eager to get on the court and compete. “[The change in schedule and court] maybe gave me a little bit more time to prepare and think about it, which in a way I didn't like. I almost wanted to get out on the court quicker and just get it done. Whether I won or lost, I just wanted to get off the court, to be honest,” Nick Kyrgios said. "I think [I have some edge on my opponents], you look at someone like Serena [Williams] or Roger [Federer], before opponents take the court, they may not sleep that well at night. It's more the aura or their results or their accolades that you're trying to versus rather than them,” he said. “Now when people versus me, ‘he's on a massive winning streak, he must be playing well, done this, done that.’ That can cloud your ability to just go out there and perform. I think some of the opponents I faced may have been feeling that a little bit over the last couple weeks,” he added.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/TGfKHC1
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments