name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Nick Kyrgios reveals what kind of personality he is off-court

Nick Kyrgios reveals what kind of personality he is off-court

Advertisemen

Nick Kyrgios admits he has always been an emotional player and noted that his occasional outburst just show that he cares about the game. 

In 2019, Kyrgios had a meltdown during his Cincinnati match versus Karen Khachanov.

After winning his Cincinnati first round match this Tuesday, Kyrgios was asked whether he felt he could again have a similar outburst. 

"Oh, definitely," Kyrgios said, per Sportskeeda. "I feel like I have just been an emotional kind of tennis player my entire career. Ever since I picked up a racquet, my mum used to watch me throw tantrums and cry on the court and be emotional when I lost. I think that's, in a way, just me showing that I do care about the result. I think that's important. You know, a kid should care about the result, and I have never really accepted losing, you know, without beating myself up after the match or during the match. You know, I have always cared about the results so much."

Kyrgios: I'm very chill and relaxed off-court

Kyrgios may be showing too much emotion and passion on the court, but it is a completely different story off the court. 

"You rarely see me throw my racquet anymore," Kyrgios added. "You get the occasional outburst, but no more than another player. I feel like that's something I've worked on majorly, obviously on the court, because off the court I'm super relaxed. You never get outbursts. I'm quite chilled out. On the court, it's taken a lot of work to get to a point where it's like, 'This guy, you can clearly tell he's been working on things, he's his own personality, but he's kind of walking a fine line at times but he's worked on it.'"

Kyrgios, 27, has been playing the tennis of his life this season. 

Kyrgios recently ended runner-up to Novak Djokovic in the Wimbledon final, while he won Washington after beating Yoshihito Nishioka in the final. 



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/wnsO6YK
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments